No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

backend is ready to accept connections, then frontend move over
to the "scaling images" info window.

To the (great) devs as suggestion btw:
I would love to see a message like "try to connect the backend"
at this stage (not only in the logs, even in the gui).

Hope, i understood your problem right and that this will work
(for me it's working).

Regards,
Andreas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]Im Auftrag von
devel at mrwire.co.uk
Gesendet: Freitag, 15. Dezember 2006 16:01
An: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Betreff: [mythtv-users] mythbackend startup

On my new system mythbackend is taking approximately 5 seconds from startup
to being ready to accept frontend connections.  My frontend autostarts
before this and complains that it can't find the backend.

I have a script to start the frontend which includes:

pgrep mythbackend # Tests whether mythbackend process is running.

When this returns true:
sleep 5 # Wait arbitrary amount for mythbackend.
mythfrontend

Clearly, waiting 5 seconds is not a reliable way to make sure ythbackend is
ready and also wastes time.  What I would like to know, is there some way of
telling when mythbackend is ready?

Cheers,
Matthew