No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

But, the mobo's themselves don't have any DVI or HDMI outs. There are
ADD2 pci-express cards that provide DVI out. Molex, ASUS and Molex
make these cards, all of which seem to use the Silicon Image 1360 chip
set.

All these seem to geared to allow connections to monitors with dvi.
None mention hdtv. All the specs are in computer monitor terms, such
as this from HP:

Resolution	60-Hz LCD	60-Hz	75-Hz	85-Hz
Blanking	5% reduced	GTF	GTF	GTF
640 x 480	VGA	Yes	Yes	Yes	Yes
800 x 600	SVGA	Yes	Yes	Yes	Yes
1024 x 768	XGA	Yes	Yes	Yes	Yes
1280 x 1024	SXGA	Yes	Yes	No	No
1600 x 1200	UXGA	Yes	Yes	No	No
Color Depth

I'm looking at driving a front projector: 720p, 1080i ( and when I win
the lottery 1080p ).  If I read this table correctly an ADD2 card
could drive 720p  - 1280 x 720  but not 1080i or 1080p - 1920 x 1080.

Is this correct?  And even though 720p is within the envelope of the
ADD2 card , has anyone actually used it? Is there a modeline that will
work? Does this require bios voodoo on the intel bios?

Does anyone know of ADD2 cards that do work at 1080p??

sean