No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

"For the most part, you should be able to treat the
encoder as if it were a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-x50/500
card: Tell MythTV that it's an MPEG encoding card."

I selected "Analog v4l Capture Card" as the capture
device in mythtv-setup because it was the first device
I encountered that reported the Hauppauge and scanned
channels okay.  When I launched mythfrontend, all I
got was a black screen.  Turns out that mythtv-setup
works okay with the v4l setting, but mythfrontend
can't control the tuner.  When I selected "MPEG-2
encoder card (PVR-x50, PVR-500)" device in
mythtv-setup, all was well.

-Cal