No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

cable box will be usable on Linux due to the commercial nature of the copy
protection.  If that is the case I will have to say goodbye to MythTV when I
want to go with HDTV.  I might want to keep MythTV for unencrypted content
but have two DVR solutions probably won't help in WAF.

So what are my options?

I used Tivo for years before MythTV and while it was a lot better than no
DVR it has problems... I had three go bad from (apparent) disk failure...
but having only 40GB and one tuner is the biggest problem.

Renting a DVR from the cable/satellite company might be better in that I
could upgrade easier... but I currently use four tuners... I don't want to
rent 4 DVRs...  Maybe there are dual tuner models but that is 2 DVRs
anyway... and I wonder if they could correctly work together on
scheduling...

I don't have Vista or Windows Media Center but I assume Microsoft would be
able to provide this... at least at some point... but going from MythTV to
Microsoft isn't real appealing.

Anyway this is very depressing... :(