No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

HDMI/DVI it should use 1280x720p, so you should be able to set that
resolution via the VGA.  If the screen just doesn't want to accept that
resolution from the PC, try finding another DVI or HDMI video card, or
you can buy a VGA to Component cable.<br>
that's my 2cents.<br>
-Todd<br>
David Frascone wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Actually, according to my TV's manual, looks like I"m stuck at 1024x768:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/50PX1D-H_Manual.pdf">http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/50PX1D-H_Manual.pdf</a>

David Frascone wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I'm trying to figure out the best way to display video on my plasma.
Right now, I'm using VGA (IT's a LG plasma with RGB VGA inputs).  But, I
can't seem to get the resolution over 1024x768 (which is not the proper
aspect ratio)

I'm thinking that might also be causing performance issues.

So -- my options:  The card I'm using (Nvidia FX5200) only has VGA and
S-Video outputs.

I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 with DVI output, but it's got a weird pci-id
which forces me to modify the kernel to get the nvidia driver to load .
. royal pain.  Also, I'd rather save this card for gaming.

What options do I have to put the least load on my P4-2.4Ghz, so that I
can see HD?

-Dave

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->