[mythtv-users] Myth Recording Extender (MRE) v1.0.0 Released

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 02:07:44 UTC 2006

On 8/13/06, Derek Battams <derek at battams.ca> wrote:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtv-tools/
<SNIP>
> Just because your listings provider says the game is over after three
> hours doesn't mean you have to miss extra innings or overtime.  With
> MythTV and MRE you can record the entire game no matter how long it
> goes.

You know, as I was just reading replies, it occured to me that
tracking overtime sporting events and last minute scheduling changes
is really something the good folks at Zap2It labs should do (or are
doing?)

Only problem is... we don't want to overload their servers with more
frequent updates... so I got to thinking about all the ugly wget stuff
that flies by when I manually run mythfilldatabase, and how so much of
that data is existing data...

Why couldn't Zap2It put their XML files into some directory structure
that accounts for area code and provider and store that data in
subversion? Then we could pull ONLY THE CHANGES with a svn update,
which is presumably *MUCH* nicer on their servers than wget of 14 days
of schedule data.

Perhaps nice enough that MythTV could check more frequently for
schedule updates?

-Ross