[mythtv-users] Disabling Recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 1 18:21:15 UTC 2006

On 09/01/06 14:08, Michael MacLeod wrote:

> My cable is going to go down for about 24 hours later this evening.
> What's the best way to temporarily disable recording of programs while
> the cable is down?

$ mythbackend --help
Valid options are:
-h or --help                   List valid command line parameters
-l or --logfile filename       Writes STDERR and STDOUT messages to filename
-p or --pidfile filename       Write PID of mythbackend to filename
-d or --daemon                 Runs mythbackend as a daemon
-v or --verbose debug-level    Use '-v help' for level info
--printexpire                  List of auto-expire programs
--printsched                   Upcoming scheduled programs
--testsched                    Test run scheduler (ignore existing schedule)
--resched                      Force the scheduler to update
--nosched                      Do not perform any scheduling
--nojobqueue                   Do not start the JobQueue
--nohousekeeper                Do not start the Housekeeper
--noautoexpire                 Do not start the AutoExpire thread
--version                      Version information

So, "mythbackend --nosched" should do it.

Mike