[mythtv-users] Database filled up first partition

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 21:46:34 UTC 2006

On 9/1/06, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I went away for a couple weeks and turned on logging into the database.
> I come back and I can't get into my mythtv machine.  So I rebooted it and
> ssh into it.  The first partition is completely full.  It's only 5.5gig 's
> just for the operating system.  Is there anyway to turn off logging and then
> remove those entries from the database so i can shrink it's size again.  My
> only linux experience has been really with Mythtv.  I can do some things.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Also, is there a way to move the database and it's path to where i store my
> video's?  Because i have 900gigs for video's.

if you don't have it already, install "logrotate". then in your
/etc/logrotate.d folder create a file called mythtv and place this in
it,
/var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log {
        copytruncate
        daily
        size 10M
        missingok
        rotate 7
        compress
        notifempty
}

/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log {
        copytruncate
        daily
        size 10M
        missingok
        rotate 7
        compress
        notifempty
}

modify the log locations as needed, and the options as you wish. I
believe this ends up being run nightly and will allow you to keep your
log sizes in check.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!