[mythtv-users] Scan for new music locks up at 75%

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Sat Sep 2 03:44:18 UTC 2006

Michael Lenth wrote:

> When scanning for new music to add to the library, the first pass or
> getting files goes to 100%, Then on the second pass it will start
> importing the id tags.  The bar will lock up at 75%,  It locks the GUI.
> I have to reboot from the prompt.

*snip*

> Is there a limit to the number of songs that the library will handle?

I've not seen a limit.  I've got over 13000 files on my server and it
sees them all...  with a few exceptions.

I had a similar problem and I narrowed it down to a few files that would
cause the SQL insert to 'hang'.  I've not looked closely yet to see why
they stopped the import, but I'm guessing it's a bad ID3 tag.  I'm going
to rewrite it and try the import again when I find the time.

Try running the frontend with SQL verbose turned on and see which file
it's stopping on.  Move them, try again.