[mythtv-users] (tv_grab_au) xmltv fix for "missing" subtitles

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 20:25:09 UTC 2006

> It's a pity that the other efforts in this area are so damn hard to
> contribute to.  What would be idea is a way to update the myth database
> directly and for those updates to be automatically contributed in some
> way to a central source, so for example if I update a missing synopsis
> then it is shared with everyone.

This is already being done and has been for some time by the OzTiVo
guys at http://www.tvguide.org.au. This is an excellent source and
uses a creative commons licence and is not subject to web site
obfuscations, legal issues etc. The only reason why I don't use it as
a primary source is that it often doesn't/didn't have 7 full days
worth of data. But check it out - the data is excellent and is
contributed by the user community.

Regards,
Phill