[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 Dual QAM and ATSC

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 00:55:36 UTC 2006

On 9/3/06, Joel Turner <jturner421 at aol.com> wrote:

> I currently have one of these cards which I am using with much success for
> HD programming over QAM with Charter in Madison, WI.  Most of the SD content
> is unencrypted so along with my PVR-350, I have use of dual tuners for most
> shows which cuts down on conflicts. My biggest gripe is that Fox-HD is
> unavailable in my market through Charter but comes in very well OTA. With
> House and 24 coming, I'd like to get them in HD if possible.  So my question
> is, is it possible to utilize both OTA and QAM with this card and have Myth
> recognize them as separate tuners?=

Probably not (easily).  Especially if it had to do an overlapping
recording, you'd start to see problems (I would think).  Your better
bet is to grab a second HD tuner (I know, they aren't exactly cheap)
and just use it; OR switch completely to OTA instead of QAM (is there
any reason you need the QAM?).  The HD5500 was a lot easier once I
decided to use a 2.6.18-rc kernel; so you may want to look into
grabbing one of those.

-Chad

--
Prebuilt HDTV capable systems at reasonable prices:
http://www.pauselivetv.com