[mythtv-users] TVRage Importer 0.1 (Was TV.Com Importer)

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 03:05:29 UTC 2006

Well folks, I took the long weekend to begin work on converting the
old perl script to work with TVRage. So here's version 0.1!
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/TVRageImport/ragetvgrab-0.1.pl
TVRage made the script a little easier as they have a neat php search
feature for bots that made much of the code unnecesary, and I should
be able to eliminate some more code as I can figure out how to do so
without causing issues elsewhere.

Now, as previously, I'm not a great coder, and many of the
improvements people sent me in the old version may not work (or I may
have accidentaly removed portions of code that are needed for them to
work). So think of this as a Beta, be prepared to delete entries in
your mythconverg database, etc.

For those unfamiliar, the purpose of this script is to take recordings
of tv shows with certain formats, grab the appropriate information to
allow insertion into the mythconverg database so that you can access
the recording through the Watch Recordings screen. This was done
because this area of Myth is specificly appropriate for episodic shows
making navigating your entire Simpsons backlog much easier.

Now, according to the list rules, I believe Isaac allows discussion of
this script on the list, so please respond to this thread with
questions, results, patches, etc.

!!! Please backup your database before using this, I can't guarantee
the insertion code this early on in my code changes !!!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!