[mythtv-users] tv_grab_au (rex): some channels missing

Max Barry mythtv at maxbarry.com
Tue Sep 5 01:42:01 UTC 2006

Michael Cheshire wrote:
> Yeah, but the python grabber from tvguide.org.au is so unstable on my
> system. (and on some other people's reading their mailing list).
>
> Anyone able to write a better one? (or even better just unscramble the start
> times for yourtv :) )

As I mentioned in another thread, there's a new grabber using a
different guide data source here: http://www.whuffy.com/tv_grab_au/

I haven't tried it, but it allegedly works.

Unscrambling the yourtv obfuscation is certainly doable, but I believe
would quickly lead to more obfuscation. A different grabber and a
different data source is more likely to keep working... for a while, at
least.

Cheers,

Max.