[mythtv-users] SPDIF *and* analog Sound at the same time?

Simon Levitt maillists at whattf.com
Tue Sep 5 14:13:53 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 14:39, wef wrote:
> I use digital and analog output at the same time.
> The reason: I want digital output to my surround
> system and analog output to the speakers in my
> bathroom.

Before I try this, one quick question:

Does this allow you to enable the pass-through options in MythTV and it all
still work?
ie. Can your surround system receive, say, a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal and the
analog speakers still work.

I'd love this to work, so that we have a choice of DVD audio output depending
on whose watching (I like to use the AMP when I can), my kids really don't
care and are quite happy with the TV output.

Its probably the one thing stopping me taking the DVD player out of the TV
cabinate and replacing it with my Myth Box (currently standing upright on the
floor). I'd even accept the requirement of a button press to switch output
(providing the current place isn't lost) - but for the life of me can't work
out, or really understand what any .asoundrc configuration really means.

Simon.,