[mythtv-users] MythTV works, but channels off by one, XAWTV doesn't work

Matt mattiehg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 16:01:14 UTC 2006

Matt Emmott wrote:

>Hi everybody!
>
>I've been battling my MythTV install for a week now, and I've almost
>got it. However, I'm having some last minute issues with my TV tuner,
>and I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. My system
>consists of the following:
>
>Fedora Core 4
>2.6.17-1.2142_FC4 kernel
>ASUS A7VBX-MX SE motherboard (Nforce4 chipset, I believe)
>Hauppauge WinTV 38101 rev B426 tuner card, Conexant 878A chip
>
>Here's the issue: All channels in MythTV are off by one. It says I'm
>on channel 5 when I'm on 6, etc. Running TVTime, I have no problems...
>Channels display what they really are, and everything seems ok. Trying
>to launce XAWTV, however, just gives me a blue screen. I've tried
>ftvco to determine the exact configuration, but when I run it I get
>this error:
>
>================================
>ERROR: Module bttv is in use by bt878
>FATAL: Error inserting tuner
>(/lib/modules/2.6.17-1.2142_FC4/kernel/drivers/media/video/tuner.ko):
>Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
>trying: tuner type=0 --- bttv card=26 pll=0

I'm not familiar with the ftvco script, but obviously it is trying to
remove the bttv module and is unable to do so because of bt878.  You
might try manually removing the bt878 module before running the script.

If you still get the error regarding tuner.ko after doing that, you will
need to check dmesg (as suggested) to get some more information.