[mythtv-users] Backup

marcus lists at wordit.com
Tue Sep 5 23:16:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 22:53, John P Poet wrote:
>I've never restored from my backups so I'm not
>really sure I'm doing the right thing.

Use the simulation flag to test your partimage backup. It's a pretty
good indicator of whether it'll restore. partimage has worked quite
well for me. Only thing to remember is to split compressed archives
below 2GB, since partimage has a bug with handling >2GB compressed
archives.

I've tried Mondo several times over the past few years, but I always had
trouble restoring.

Actually you can just create a tar.gz archive of your partition, and
then use Knoppix to setup GRUB/LILO after the restore.

Marcus