[mythtv-users] V4L recording problem - live ok, sheduled bad

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Wed Sep 6 02:26:44 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I have just added an analog capture card to capture video from a STB.
The system is running MythTV svn trunk (updated last night).

When I watch live TV from the analog input it works well.

When I try to watch a recording from the analog input the video is 99%
garbage. Audio is ok.
MythTV reports continuous pages of MPEG4 errors. Playing the file in VLC
results in the same symptom and pages of MPEG4 errors.

The recording profiles (Default, Live, High, Low) for V4L cards are all
configured with the same settings: MPEG4, HQ, Interlaced, Don't scale
bitrate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick