[mythtv-users] Paying one or some of the developers

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 12:49:19 UTC 2006

On 9/6/06, Osma Ahvenlampi <oa at iki.fi> wrote:
> On ma, 2006-09-04 at 22:22 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Who would you rather collect money from, after working on something for a
> > couple of weeks:
> > - $25 from 40 individual contributions
> > - $1000 from 1 contribution
>
> This is why it makes sense to use the facilities already available for
> this. Plenty of umbrellas to work under that have expressed willingness
> to help out in the collection process, and which have the infrastructure
> to accept payment with more than just PayPal. Just google for "open
> source bounties". I seem to recall that for instance Canonical has a
> system, and I'd imagine they might be interested in working with MythTV.

The problem I see with these is they still all rely on the people that
offer into the bounty to pay at the time the bounty is completed and
the money is not stored somewhere, like an account, with the
possibility of later return if the bounty is not met by a certain
date. I hope that noone would renege on their donation to the bounty,
but I think that is the fear Isaac and perhaps other dev's have with
the bounty concept.

I'm going to keep looking into this to see if there is a good way to
do this. I'm ready to start a bounty for a MythMusic re-write...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!