[mythtv-users] configuring mysql server

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Wed Sep 6 20:26:36 UTC 2006

The debian package says that be default the mysql server is installed with
networking disabled.  /etc/my.cnf file has a paramerter for [mysqld] of
bind-address = 127.0.0.1

I am running mysqld on a machine with 3 interfaces

127.0.0.1 (ie the loopback)
192.168.0.20 (my lan interface)
82.44.22.127 (my wan interface)

I am trying to use it to support mythtv-backend so this means I need to change
it so mysql server listens on the loopback and on the lan interface.  How?

The documentation for this parameter seems sparse. mysql documentation just
says
bind-address=IP  the IP address to bind to.

No mention of what the default is if its not there.

Mythtv setup doesn't even mention it.

I am sure a requirement to bind to a loopback address and one other is a
common requirement.  How do you do it?
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk