[mythtv-users] Upgrade motherboard/CPU without reinstalling FC5?

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 23:00:25 UTC 2006

I have got a dedicated backend running MythTV-0.19-fixes.
Unforunately, the motherboard got fried somehow when I was plugging in
into a newly purchased UPS for the first time.  I replaced the
motherboard and CPU; then just turned it on with the same install of
FC5.  It can run and record shows, but it is somewhat unstable (kernel
panic twice in 4 days).

I noticed that the kernel panic is being caused by the ivtv module.
Is there anyway I can salvage this installation without having to
reformat my HDD and reinstall FC5?

The old system was a Soyo P4VTE and a Celeron D340 (2.93 GHz), the new
system is a Athlon XP-M 2800 ECS 741GX-M.

My bt8x8-based ATi TV Wonder PCI also no longer records with sound, I
suspect this is due to the ivtv replacing the msp3400 module that
comes with the kernel.

Thanks!