[mythtv-users] power off and on frontend only with remote

Sam Wong sam at hellosam.net
Thu Sep 7 01:26:07 UTC 2006

Allan Wilson wrote:

> I pretty much have discovered how to associate the hibernate command
> with a button on the remote. I still haven't discovered how to get
> permission to run hibernate without sudo command in Ubuntu but it
> works using sudo and typing password. I did read how my motherboard
> has an option to wake from power off by some usb devices but I don't
> know enough about apci to know what my options are.

Yes most motherboard support wake up from USB, from COM (Ring signal),
but it's useless unless the deveice (Receiver) support this feature.
In other words, unless you see a device that allow you to program a
specific button for wakeup, the chance of supporting this is low. I am
not aware of any IR receiving device supporting this, please do let
me/us know if there is one =)