[mythtv-users] any one using Nvidia 8774 driver

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Thu Sep 7 12:25:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 03:42 -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Paul <mylists at wilsononline.id.au> says:
> > I want to reduce the "tearing" effect for HDTV output and therefor
> > hoping to upgrade to the latest Nvidia Driver to see if if fixes or
> > improves this issue.
>
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/177303#177303>
>
> and
>
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/203862#203862>

Yeechang,
	Are you using DVI, along with Vblank? I've found that when I combine
the two, I end up with X locking up on me. Not sure if it also relates
to the fact that I am doing 1080i output.

	Using VGA out through a vga->component converter works for me, but just
doesn't look as good, and doesn't sync right with the graphical boot
loader in Ubuntu. For now, I have just been living with the tearing, but
don't know how much longer I can stand it...

		--Matt