[mythtv-users] Per Card Volume Control Bounty started

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Sep 7 17:06:50 UTC 2006

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:52 pm, Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> Isaac Richards wrote:

>>> Err, how will fundable work?  From what I can tell, they just pay you
>>> once the total amount has been collected.  Doesn't seem even close to
>>> appropriate for a bounty system.
>>>
>>> Isaac
>>>
>> Well, it was the best I could see from the options suggested. I will
>> check out some other systems, if you have any suggestions, they would be
>> much appreciated.
>>

> No, I don't have any other suggestions.
>
> I don't see how that's going to work.  People contribute $500 to this, and
> _you_ get the money right away.  No bounty completion required, nothing
> collected if it's under $500.
>
> Isaac

I realize that it's not optimal, but I don't see any other way to do it,
aside from you running it, which I know is not going to happen. The only
other way to do it is for the developer themselves to organize it.
Unless people actually commit to paying, it's all on trust. Of course,
that means you have to trust ME, which of course is a bit of a leap, but
I know if I took the money without paying the developer, all the people
who pledge money can go back to paypal for refunds. I can't really make
people trust me, but I have given my name, paypal address and ebay id, I
can provide more details if needed.

The other option of course is to just have people add their name to the
list on the Wiki, and they pay the developer directly, but again you are
trusting that people actually WILL make the payment. I know I will, but
will others? Anyway, it's all a moot point if no-one wants to either
pledge or do the development work.

It's a start, and if it fails, we will have learned something.

Tom