[mythtv-users] Paying one or some of the developers

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Sep 7 19:05:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 02:29:16PM -0400, Daniel Walton wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Joe Marcom wrote:
> >  I would pay a considerable sum for a
> > system that would install and run on any of my computers.  The magnitude
> > of my request can be estimated by the fact that even the Editor-in-Chief
> > of Linux Journal has commented on the difficulty of installing MythTV,
> KnoppMyth is your friend :)

That answer is both true and often useless.

MythTV installs *great* when you're copying the entire operating
system in which it has already been embedded by someone else.
Adding MythTV to an existing system is often a bit more involved
(ie: dependency hell and difficulties getting things like XvMC
turned on).  If you do copy a Knoppix system onto your hard drive,
be prepared for massive breakage the first time you upgrade any
packages.