[mythtv-users] Per Card Volume Control Bounty started

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Sep 7 19:26:15 UTC 2006

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 07 September 2006 1:33 pm, Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> I don't think he's against bounties per se, just the collection method.
>> I'll let him speak to that.
>>

> It's mostly the collection method, but also the fact that if I'm going to be
> getting paid for something, I want to be getting paid something reasonable.
>
> If you helped a friend move to a new place, would you rather:
> - Get paid $5.
> - Get nothing more than maybe a beer at the end of the day.
>
> That's pretty much analogous to how most bounties feel to me.
>
> Isaac

Understood. I have a smallish website for a very specific car, and I
have a paypal donation thing on it for people to contribute to helping
run the site (software and ISP costs mostly), and I have gotten
donations ranging from $1 to $50. For the effort involved in the $1
donation (which nets me .67) I kind of have to wonder why bother?

But I digress. All I want is one feature! Maybe this will motivate me to
figure it out for myself. :)

Tom