[mythtv-users] DVB dropouts & errors problem isolated..

Kari Salmela kari.salmela at lanwan.fi
Thu Sep 7 19:20:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

Some weeks ago I wrote about drops & errors problem I have been
experiencing with some channels. After trying almost anything I noted
that dropouts only exist when recording with card that has CI and CAM
module in place. If I move the CI to another DVB card, the problem will
follow ;-)

When CI is removed altogether, no dropouts in picture any more. So the
problem must be in CI interface driver? ... Anyone else seen this?

DVB cards: 2 x TechnoTrend DVB-C 1500
CI: Technotrend Budget-CI
CAM: Technicam CX Conax

Kernel is 2.6.15.6.