[mythtv-users] DVD Trouble on new frontend

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 03:25:12 UTC 2006

I just built a new frontend for a new tv, and for whatever reason the dvd
player seems to hate me.  I'm using "Internal" as the play option.  The line
in /etc/fstab is:

/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto user,noauto 0 0

which is what was automatically added by harddrake.  I'm running Mandriva
2.6.12-12mdk.  For both my other computers, the dvd just sorta worked.
There's nothing showing up in dmesg, and the mythlog just says:

2006-09-07 23:23:51.621 TV: Attempting to change from None to
WatchingPreRecorded
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access

The screen goes black and it just sits until I get up and hit the eject
button.  I can't even exit out of that dvd player.

Suggestions?

Ryan