[mythtv-users] mount: can't find /dev/hdc in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab FC5 mythtv

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Sep 8 06:40:47 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:38:04PM -0700, Chad Delatte wrote:
> I fixed it.  I added the following to my fstab and now
> everything autoplays.
>
> /dev/hdc /media/ auto user,exec,noauto 0 0

You may want to consider using a different mount point (such as
/dvd) as /media is used by the pmount package.  That is a neat
little program that will allow any user (not just root) mount any
removable device.  For example, on my desktop I can plug in a flash
memory stick and then type 'pmount sda1' and it automatically
mounts /dev/sda1 as /media/sda1 without requiring any entries in
/etc/fstab.