[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Channel change script for Myth TV

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 07:22:08 UTC 2006

On 08/09/06, Ramanraj Vamsi <ramanrajvamsi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I did set up IR Blaster for my Myth TV .I followed
> www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/  and almost succeeded in
> getting my remote work.I am able to change the channels and navigate through
> with my IR Hauppauge remote.But I am failing to get the Channel Change
> script working.It is giving a message like "unknown Remote" while passing a
> command through shell.

This error means that the irsend command is being given the name of a
remote control defined in /etc/lircd.conf that does not exist. From
the blog you are working from, the name of the remote definition is
"blaster". If you have downloaded the change_channel script from the
blog, the error likely means you have not downloaded the lircd.conf
file as /etc/lircd.conf.

>  I am using HUMAX ND-1000C DVB for which I have n't found the right code set
> to use !

Until you do this, channel changing with the IR blaster will not work.

>  But I when I pressed keys on remote while running irw ..it worked.Then I
> put lircrc file in /home/mythtv to test whether I can make this remote work
> with Myth TV......it worked!

This means you have a valid remote configuration for your remote
control. This is good.

>  But the channel change script hadn't worked...it given me a message while
> running commands through console like.."Unknown Remote IR Blaster"

This likely means the IR blaster is not installed properly. Make sure
the blaster is attached to the card and that the lirc_pvr150 module is
loaded. When output do you get in your syslog when you load the
lirc_pvr150 module?

>  When I tried to come out with a solution for this through this list,I got
> a  reply that I am using  a wrong lircrc.conf file,so I did changed that
> config file with one available in the blog
> www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog I followed .But still
> can't get rid off this issue.

The syslog output from when you modprobe the lirc_pvr150 module is
crucial here to make sure the blaster part of the unit is being
identified. Because your remote control works, it means that the cable
is plugged in correctly to the card and the lirc module is working for
IR reception.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: