[mythtv-users] Problem with LiveTV Playback

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Fri Sep 8 07:52:36 UTC 2006

> Matthias,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply.
>
> I should have added more details to my original message.  This myth
> box was working about 2 months ago, on Debian Sarge.  The hard drive
> died, and I am replacing it with Ubuntu (my friend set it up on
> Debian, but I am more familiar and comfortable with Ubuntu so I made
> the switch).  So the hardware works, but I don’t know if it was in XV
> mode or not.
>
> Anyways, without XV, I am still having issues, below is the new
> backend output.    New errors that catch my eye this time are:
> 2006-09-07 23:21:44.685 Couldn't get the color key color, and we need
> it. You likely won't get any video.
>
> Thanks for your assistance,
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

you should try and find out what driver has been used in your Sarge
Setup. Maybe with a different driver you get better results.

The "color key color" message, I do get it when I try to use xv; then I
get a full color black, or green, or purple screen and sound.

From the log, I also got the recommendation to get another video card,
which I did for my frontend and I am happy with it.

I have not been able to get any help with my Matrox card, neither here
nor on the Matrox forum.

Good luck

	Matthias