[mythtv-users] IR Blaster and Channel change script for Myth TV

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 19:04:29 UTC 2006

On 08/09/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> If you can't find a ready made file for the STB you can make one using
> irrecord if you have the original remote for the STB that you can 'learn'
> from. Just follow the instructions for irrecord on the lirc.org website.

One potential problem with using the PVR-150 IR receiver to do this is
the fact the Hauppauge cards may still be limited to the RC-5
signalling protocol (I'm not sure if the newer cards supporting the IR
blasters are any different.) If Raj's STB remote control uses some
other protocol, irrecord \may\ not be able to detect the signals. I'd
give it a try though, especially in raw more, just in case it works.

Raj - have you run the IR blaster detection script from the blog -
this may speed things up in determining whether the IR blaster will be
able to control your STB.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: