[mythtv-users] Wirless Performance

Stuart Larson halcyon at obfus.com
Fri Sep 8 23:01:58 UTC 2006

> Hi ppl;
>
> Any suggestions out there for best format / compression to use so as to
> have the best quality vs performance from video over 802.11g
>
> Any discussions re this topic already on going?
>
> /mr

I'm running non-transcoded MPEG from my PVR-250 over 11g, without problem
(bitrate: 3800, max bitrate 6000).  If something else on my remote
frontend (wireless) uses the network, it can cause some problems, but only
if it takes a bit of the bandwidth.  Otherwise, I ran transcoded video
over the same wireless link before disabling transcoding, and it worked
just as well (lower bitrate, so less of a problem).  I'm sure you'd have
issues pushing HD over wireless, however.