[mythtv-users] Upgrade from .18.1 to .20?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 9 08:34:09 UTC 2006

On 09/08/06 12:01, Peter Loron wrote:

>Ok, I've got a FC3/.18.1 system that I've been holding off updating
>until .20 comes out. Looks like that's imminent! YAY! Go MythTeam! I'm
>also planning on updating the OS to FC5.
>
>I've read the steps in the HOWTO (section 23.7). Anything else I need to
>worry about when jumping between these two versions?

Yes.  Read the 0.19 /and/ the 0.20 release notes to see all the
differences.  Holding off on upgrading means you have to do twice as
much RTFM for this upgrade.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.19
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.20

Oh, and the FAQ has a lot of information to help you iron out the
differences.

Mike