[mythtv-users] Australian TV Listings on Wiki

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Sat Sep 9 10:36:16 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:10 pm, Phill Edwards wrote:
> Australians - just FYI I have put a page on the Wiki which describes
> how you can get TV guide  data for Auatralia. I know we all know, but
> this is really for future folks. It's at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Australian_TV_Listings
>
> Feel free to update it/add to it etc. The main method it describes is
> the OzTiVo xmlguide.pl script using sed to get the XMLTVIDs for your
> own particular setup. I didn't put anything about the current "rex"
> script as I think with all these types of grabbers it's only a matter
> of time until the get obfuscated out of existence.

Nice work Phill.

tv_grab_au would be part of http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmltv or
http://pytvgrab.sourceforge.net/ if it was acceptable and never part of the
"MythTV distribution".

"TV stations own the copyright to the data" not true, needs a court ruling.
More like "disputed copyright".

tv_grab_au_reg is Python not Perl.

The future people wont need to change their XMLTV IDs because they wont have
any.

The > file is different then the mythfilldatabase --file.

Paul