[mythtv-users] Microsoft MCE RC and keyboard - working

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 12:22:20 UTC 2006

> On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 09:47 +0100, Neil Dunbar wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Just a note to say that the mod_mce (http://mod-mce.sf.net) stuff by Florian
> > Demski now has a combined LIRC and user input kernel module, so that you can
> > now use a Microsoft MCE keyboard and the remote control at the same time.
> >
> > Tested it with my Mythbox, and it works a treat (although the little mouse
> > joystick on the keyboard is somewhat unpredictable - not a driver problem I
> > think - just crappy design). The keyboard especially is nice, since my Belkin
> > RF keyboard has a range of ~1 metre, whereas the Microsoft IR keyboard works
> > from the other side of the room.
> >
> > It's even worth a very small "woot".
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Neil
>
> Thanks for the update! I was waiting for this driver.
>
> Jurgen

The little mouse/joystick is known to be like that, I've used one
briefly with windows mce and wasnt very impressed.

I ordered one of these
http://mediamad.co.uk/shop/product.php/2347/17//c606a6cd0059f302254efd1d14ebd6a0
for my mythtv system, looks good.. should have it next week and will
report back on how well it works.

andy