[mythtv-users] Channel info in guide is off by one

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 9 23:48:31 UTC 2006

On 09/09/06 10:36, Matt Emmott wrote:

>I posted this problem to the list last week, but it looks like I had
>misdiagnosed the problem. I had thought that my tv tuner was off by
>one channel - i.e., tuning to channel 74 would bring me to channel 75
>but it looks like it's just the channel info in the guide that's off
>by one. When I go to channel 74, myth will go to that channel and
>display that I'm on channel 74, but all the program info will be
>listings for channel 75.
>
>After poking around a bit It looks like there's an extra channel 2 in
>there - Channel 2 comes up as unknown, with unknown in the list of
>what's playing - its info is in channel 3, channel 3's info is in
>channel 4, etc.
>
>This problem went away for a little while when I swapped video cards
>(which is probably unrelated), and was fine for a few reboots, but
>It's suddenly back. I tried running mythfilldatabase with no luck. Is
>there a way to blow away all the listings and try from scratch?

The best way is to use mythtv-setup's "Delete all" button in the "Video
Sources" section to delete all your video sources.  Then, re-create your
video sources (and channels), re-associate them to inputs on your cards,
and re-run mythfilldatabase.  Doing so will fix your broken channels at
the same time as fixing the broken listings (which is why this is the
best approach for you to use)...

Mike