[mythtv-users] Mythtv on xbox

Anthony C anthonycapo at frontiernet.net
Sun Sep 10 01:35:13 UTC 2006

> John Davis wrote:
> > Does anyone have any advice on upgrading the mythtv frontend on an xbox?
> >
> > Being that it is
> > debian based, I tried to apt-get an updated mythtv frontend, but the
> > mythtv repository owner seems to have gone away. Does anyone know of
> > any debs or a way to compile mythtv on the xbox (it fails the
> > configure when trying to compile the tarball.)

The Debian Myth packages are at http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ - the
current version there is 0.19-0.10 and worked fine for me before I upgraded
to SVN - check here
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Debian_Sid.

Compiling SVN with distcc worked well for me after some frustration getting
all of the qt pieces to play nicely - I used this wiki page as a rough
guide: http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_Compile_with_SVN
However beware when you install the dependencies not to update XFree86 -
xserver.org does not work with Xebian.  I used the "apt-get build-dep
mythfrontend" approach and then trial and error to get what I needed.  I
would *not* recommend compiling on the xbox without distcc - I attempted it
and it was still thrashing away after 36 hours.