[mythtv-users] New HTPC case from Antec

Cameron Watt roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 03:52:24 UTC 2006

On 10/09/06, Ian Macdonald <ian at caliban.org> wrote:

> My MythTV box is in an OrigenAE X11 case:
>
>   http://www.origenae.com/product_x11.htm

<snip>

It comes with an IRtrans VFD, which is supported in Linux. IRtrans has
> code on their site that will interface with LCDproc, so that MythTV can
> manipulate the display. It works rather well, I must say.

Hi Ian,

I have the same case and find the irtrans IR receiver to be excellent, it
will learn just about all remote codes! For those interested the IR receiver
will also allow the PC to be turned on/off by the remote, it has an on board
relay that you can run your case power switch through.

So you have Marcus' (Irtrans) port of LCDproc working with MythTV for the
irtrans vfd? I thought Marcus' port was based on version 0.4.3 of LCDproc
and MythTV required version 0.4.5 or greater. I will look further into it,
but this seems like some good news as I have just got "Welcome to MythTV" as
the welcome/default message and haven't tried to get LCDproc going yet. It
has been like this for nearly 12 months now :)

379 Euro seems awfully dear, this case is AU$399 is Australia!

Cheers,

Roo.

PS: I am not a programmer, but was considering attempting to port the
irtrans driver from Marcus' code to 0.5.0 ( there is a new driver API in
0.5.0), and see if we can get it included in LCDproc tree.