[mythtv-users] Problem with mythfilldatabase and home-brew grabber

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 20:27:49 UTC 2006

On 10/09/06, Ian Macdonald <ian at caliban.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, where the standard XMLTV grabber,
> tv_grab_nl, grabs programme data from tvgids.nl.
>
> Unfortunately, tvgids.nl does not have programme information for many
> channels available in the local cable network's digital package.
>
> For that reason, I'm writing a new grabber to pull data from a second
> source.
>
> Well, I basically have the grabber written, pulling data and outputting
> a valid XMLTV file, but when the program is run via mythfilldatabase,
> the latter complains about an unexpected end-of-file:
>
> 2006-09-10 11:54:37.036 Updating source #2 (Digital) with grabber tv_grab_nl
> 2006-09-10 11:54:37.036 ----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
> 2006-09-10 11:54:37.037 New DB connection, total: 3
> 2006-09-10 11:54:37.038 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
> <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
> <tv generator-info-name="tv_grab_nl_upc">
>   <channel id="1.chello.nl">
>     <display-name lang="nl">Nederland 1</display-name>
>   </channel>
> </tv>
> 2006-09-10 11:54:37.045 ------------------ End of XMLTV output ------------------
> Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
> 2006-09-10 11:54:37.047 Updating icons for sourceid: 2

Do you need to (or have you) patch the MythTV source to add your
grabber specifically? Are there any differences in how you invoke your
grabber and the grabber tv_grab_nl grabber that might cause MFDB to
fail? Does the new grabber need an additional .xmltv file listing the
extra channels that it provides?

What commands are use using the run MFDB - do you get an error free
run when run from the command line - or does MFDB fail however it is
run?

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: