[mythtv-users] Preferred video card

Ian Macdonald ian at caliban.org
Sun Sep 10 22:01:44 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've been on the list for a couple of weeks now and it's becoming
apparent that many people consider the nVidia GeForce FX5200 based cards
to be the gold standard for MythTV boxes.

Now, I've been whether the 6200-based cards aren't considered equally
good. They're passively cooled and have a faster RAMDAC than he FX5200,
but the memory interface is only 64 bit. Both have all of the outputs
one is likely to need.

Both cards cost also around the same, so I'm going to pick one up. Is
there a compelling reason to prefer the FX5200 chipset over the 6200?

Cheers,

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | "Do you believe in intuition?"  "No, but I
ian at caliban.org             | have a strange feeling that someday I