[mythtv-users] Possibility to run a shell script if channel changed or record started?

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Sep 11 20:52:50 UTC 2006

> I have some sound problems with ivtv and MythTv on PVR 150.
> But that's not the real problem, because I can fix it up with a simple
> shell script, which is currently called every minute.

If you have to run a shell script every minute, to keep audio working, that
sounds like the real problem to me...

> But I imagine, that MythTv is also able to call a shell script when a
> channel is changed or a record starts.
> Is there such a function and how can I use it?

You can call a shell script TO change the channel, but I don't know that
there is any mechanism in place to change the channel AND run a shell
script. If you are using an external channel change script anyway, you could
just write a wrapper script to call both the channel-change and your fix-sound
script.

I'd suggest fixing the sound instead. What is the problem it's having / what
script do you have to run every minute to fix it?

 - Jeff