[mythtv-users] unable to access LiveTv / videos

Andrzej Barchański barchanski at poczta.fm
Mon Sep 11 21:26:43 UTC 2006

> If it is a combined frontend/backend, then I have no idea what the
> problem might be, aside from permissions.
>
> Tom

Yes, it was indeed a problem caused by file permissions. Why it appeared out
of blue, I don't know. I guess maybe I installed something that changed the
permission, without me even knowing that.

Or maybe it was setting mythfrontend suid? I am not sure.

Anyway, I set manually very broad permissions to all /video/ subdirectories
and now mythfrontend works - sans mythgallery, that sigfaults when
displaying a photograph...