[mythtv-users] S3 Unichrome at 1360x768?

Andrzej Barchański barchanski at poczta.fm
Mon Sep 11 21:47:07 UTC 2006

The solution of this problem was to use openchrome X driver, that I
downloaded from epia repo (although I don't have epia, but another mainboard
using KM400 chip):

[mythtv at fridge yum.repos.d]$ cat epia.repo
[epia]
name=RPMs for Via Epia motherboards - Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/FC$releasever/$basearch
gpgcheck=0

it should be placed in /etc/yum.repos.d/

My xorg.conf contains a modeline which was suggested by the X driver, which
in turn most probably read monitor data:

> (II) VIA(0): Supported additional Video Mode:
> (II) VIA(0): clock: 85.5 MHz   Image Size:  0 x 0 mm
> (II) VIA(0): h_active: 1360  h_sync: 1430  h_sync_end 1542 h_blank_end
> 1792 h_border: 0
> (II) VIA(0): v_active: 768  v_sync: 771  v_sync_end 777 v_blanking: 795
> v_border: 0

but it may also be that the modeline is not required, as the relevant values
are already present in the openchrome driver.

Andrzej