[mythtv-users] Support for xvid video?

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Tue Sep 12 02:28:41 UTC 2006

Well, I'm still not having much luck with playing back re-encoded video
on my front-end, but I narrowed things down a little more.  Everything
works great on my gentoo amd64 system on a frontend, so the issue seems
to be specific with my minimyth VIA EPIA M10000 system, which pointed me
in a whole new direction.  I tried changing the video drivers to not use
the VIA XvMC drivers, but that didn't help (neither of the two software
settings worked).  mplayer works fine and doesn't have the choppy AC3
audio either.

I might take this over to a minimyth forum since this might be a
distribution-specific bug.  Thanks for bearing with my rambling.  Mythtv
itself seems to be more flexible than I thought at first, and that is a
testimony to good design!

And MEGATHANKS to Isaac and the team for 0.20 - I'm looking forward to
migrating!