[mythtv-users] Large Drive setup for myth

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:05:17 UTC 2006

Just wanted to do a little follow up.

1) I changed my basename entry in the database for a show and added
a directory to the path. That did not work. mythtv strips off everything up
to the filename and does not use any path info.

2) from this thread, I found the myth_archive_job.pl script reference.
Basically, this script moves the video files from something like
/mnt/store
/mnt/somewhereelse
and sets up a symbolic link from /mnt/somewhereelse to /mnt/store.

this is good enought for mythtv and it's good enough for me for now.

jack