[mythtv-users] HDMI Capture

Gene Stapp genestapp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:10:15 EDT 2006

Andrew Lyon wrote:
>> Just seen this in the register:
>> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/09/12/blackmagic_hdmi_editing/
>> http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/
>> Reckon something like that could be used in linux as a capture device for
>> myth maybe?
>>
>> Please feel free to ignore if this is a rubbish idea..
>>
>> Steve Daniels
>>

> With the necessary drivers and mythtv support it almost certainly
> could be used, but it only supports hdmi not hdcp, and by definition
> that will always be the case.
>
> But as a capture device for a digital camcorder etc it would be ideal.
>
> Andy

that may be true, but so far you can still get HD through uncompressed
feeds so I don't see that as a negative yet as far as the cable boxes I
am using go. With the three pci-e slots I have extra on my mobo and the
dual core i'm running this would come in very handy. Since there isn't
another option at the moment for those of who unfortunately have 5c
enabled on our HD channels this is very interesting to me.