[mythtv-users] Manual scheduling failing?

Marek McGann marek.mcgann at mic.ul.ie
Tue Sep 12 09:55:28 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Trying to get a 0.19-5 MythTV running on a Kubuntu dapper box. I've included a
query about sound in separate post, but I'm also having difficulties with
recording.

I found out, to my dismay, that there are no xml listings for Irish television
stations, so I'm going to have to do my recording manually until I work
something out for that.

Manual scheduling of recording isn't working on my box, however.

Having gone into Manage Recordings > Schedule Recordings > Manual Scheduling
and set the time, channel, duration and various recording settings (making
sure that the record setting is active), when I select "Save Settings" it
drops immediately out to the Schedule Recordings and there are no scheduled
recordings in the Upcoming Recordings list.

There aren't any messages in the shell I'm running Myth from to give me much
of a inkling as to what to do.

Cheers,