[mythtv-users] Migrating MythStore LVM to new system

Bill Bradley williambradley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 14:37:09 EDT 2006

Hey All,

I am getting ready to upgrade to .20 and am considering blowing away my
debian install with a new one (possibly FC5) as it is getting old and is
full of non-needed cruft and screwed up dependencies.  I can handle all the
myth stuff for backing up the db but I have XFS LVM with 2 250gb drives as
my myth storage and want to be able to remount those on the new box. Not
having done much with LVM other than create this vg, I was looking for
advice on how to about this without hosing all of music, videos, recordings,
etc.

Here is my lvdisplay output:
lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg/myth
  VG Name                vg
  LV UUID                rNm5uX-nAGl-Dcde-K0x1-0TqC-tyjh-tDraP2
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                469.36 GB