[mythtv-users] OT. ID motherboard type via proc?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 14:43:38 EDT 2006

On 12/09/06, list at onnow.net <list at onnow.net> wrote:
> Only Myth related in that this is a remote Myth box I am setting up.
> I want to know what kind of motherboard is in the box.  Is there any
> way of getting the model # from proc or anything?  I have been hunting
> around and not seeing anyway of doing this yet.  I can see the pci
> devices etc... but not the actual motherboard model/manufactuer.  I
> have no physical access to it at this point. Just  ssh.

Try running nvram-wakeup's detection script (heed all the warnings the
program has first etc etc) - on my old Pundit-R system it gave the
following output:

##  Mainboard autodetection information:
##
##    - Mainboard vendor:   "ASUSTeK Computer INC."
##    - Mainboard type:     "P4R8L"
##    - Mainboard revision: "1.xx"
##    - BIOS vendor:        "American Megatrends Inc."
##    - BIOS version:       "1002.006"
##    - BIOS release:       "07/01/2004"

It's likely it can be of some use. I'm pretty sure there will be other
apps than can give the same information too.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/