[mythtv-users] Migrating MythStore LVM to new system

Trey Thompson trey at verustech.com
Tue Sep 12 14:54:35 EDT 2006

This may help, someone may have more info...

I'm on FC5 now, and in /etc/lvm there is a sample conf file, and a
backup directory that has a file with the configuration for my Volume
Group in it.  I know that a bunch of the UUIDs are written to the
drives, so perhaps it's as easy as copying the config over, and mounting
them?

Actually, now that I think about it, there's vgexport and vgimport, so
you might check out the man pages for that, I bet that will make it
simple.  Remember, they're tied to the /dev/hda1, /dev/hdb1, etc... so
the export/import will probably take care of all that.

Trey Thompson

Verus Technologies

(214) 432-5400

(214) 405-7155 mobile